Wednesday, February 2, 2011

10 for 5: Tartar Sauce

I was making breaded fish sticks from scratch, and thought what a good 5 or less recipe. When I was a kid I found out that tartar sauce was pretty much relish and mayo, which I never forgot. Now that my tastes have developed, so has my version of tartar sauce. I really don’t have the same one twice as I get different inspirations or have different things in the fridge. Sometimes I add capers, or even roasted red peppers, chopped dill, or whatever catches my eye. This time for the sake of 5 ingredients I kept it simple.

You will need: (for 2 people)

2 Tbsp Mayo

1 Tbsp sweet relish

Juice of ½ a lemon

Clove of garlic (grated or puréed)

Your choice of either hot sauce or paprika, to taste

S&P to taste

For the super simple directions: Mix all the ingredients together. That’s it! Try adding different things mix and match, add more relish, or mayo, add chopped dill pickles instead. It is a very forgiving and personal sauce.

Be Creative and let me know what different variations you come up with.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...